NEW DELHI, Mar. 7: Reacting to reports of an Indian origin man being assaulted and racially abused in Auckland on Monday, the New Zealand government soundly condemned the attack and said the incident was not indicative of the country's attitude towards foreigners.
"We don't condone race-based abuse in any form," said Suzannah Jessep, Acting New Zealand High Commissioner, about the incident.
"The comments reported do not reflect the views of the vast majority of New Zealanders," Jessep added.
Narindervir Singh was sworn at, abused and told to go back to his own country by an unidentified man after a minor altercation on the road last week.
Singh did not engage with the man but began recording his racist rant and streamed the video on social media.
"It really shocked me and after he [left], I was really shaken... The first thing in my mind was that he might hurt me with some weapon," Singh said about his attacker.
The incident comes close on the heels of recent incidents of apparent hate crimes against Indians in the US.(TOI)
Tokyo (Japan), Sept. 13: A new leadership assumed responsibilities at the Non Resident Nepalese Association (NRNA), Japan on Sunday. The new office bearers took oath of office and secrecy after a long fought battle resulting from dissatisfaction from those who…