MUMBAI, Nov. 30: Indian Film Director Sujoy Ghosh's Hindi Movie 'Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh', starring Vidya Balan and Arjun Rampal, has generated curiosity right from the time of its announcement. The trailers piqued the audience's interest further as the film, presented by Jayantilal Gada (PEN), is the second instalment of the 'Kahaani' franchise. Come Friday, and all the speculations will be put to rest as cine-goers will finally come to know whether Vidya Balan's character in this suspense thriller is a wanted criminal or an innocent mother, who is in search of her daughter.
Interestingly, rather than telling viewers what they should expect from this movie, the makers have listed out five things that they won't find in it:
1. Melodramatic performances
2. Unexpected song-and-dance sequences
3. Never-ending length
4. An item song
5. Unwanted gyaan
Behind The Scenes
1. Vidya has worn just two costumes throughout the film. She had to wash and wear the same clothes so they looked worn out. The movie was shot in a span of 50 days.
Since the cast and crew wanted to keep the characters' looks under wraps, media wasn't allowed on the set. So, photographers would hide on a terrace for hours to click pictures on the sly.
2. Amitabh Bachchan, who sang Rabindranath Tagore's 'Ekla Chalo' in 'Kahaani', has rendered a song this time too.
3. Though the thriller is replete with twists and turns, it doesn't have violence and can be watched by the entire family.
When Sujoy, Vidya and Arjun were asked what they would like to be 'wanted' for, here's what they said...
Sujoy: I would like to be 'wanted' for my direction.
Vidya: I'd like to be 'wanted' as a person who is loved the most in this world.
Arjun: I would like to be 'wanted' for my love.
'Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh', produced by Kushal Kantilal Gada, Dhaval Jayantilal Gada, Aksshay Jayantilal Gada and Sujoy Ghosh, releases on December 2.(TOI)
Tokyo (Japan), Sept. 13: A new leadership assumed responsibilities at the Non Resident Nepalese Association (NRNA), Japan on Sunday. The new office bearers took oath of office and secrecy after a long fought battle resulting from dissatisfaction from those who…