Afghan musicians flee Kabul, fearing for their lives and dire future for art under Taliban rule

09/12/2021

Peshawar, Sept. 12: Ashraf Gulzar, an Afghan singer, mentioned the Taliban have banned all music programmes in Kabul which is a matter of concern for the individuals related to the music trade.

The scheduled music occasions organized with Pakistani artists in Kabul, Jalalabad, and different large cities of Afghanistan have been cancelled and as such the Afghan musical firms have gone bankrupt.

In a lot of the circumstances, advance fee was made to the organisers of the occasions in Afghanistan. The Afghan music places of work at Board Bazar, Hayatabad and Jehangirabad have been closed.

Equally, dozens of artistes who’re struck in elements of Afghanistan try to go away the nation for Pakistan and different international international locations.

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid has mentioned that music in public is forbidden by Islam, however instructed the group may shrink back from heavy-handed bans like these of the previous.-Agencies

Related News

Protests heat up as curfews imposed in several US cities

Minniapolis, May 31: Civil unrest flared and curfews were imposed in several major US cities on Saturday as demonstrators took to the streets to vent outrage at the death of a black man shown on video gasping for breath as a white Minneapolis policeman knelt on his neck. From Los…

George Floyd died of "neck compression", it was "homicide": Autopsy

Washington, June 2: Two doctors who carried out an independent autopsy of George Floyd, the black man whose death in Minneapolis police custody last week triggered nationwide protests, said on Monday that he died from asphyxiation and that his death was a homicide. The doctors also said Floyd had no…

Modi confident of getting growth back; says onus now on industry

New Delhi, June 2: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday expressed confidence that India would revert to the high economic growth path if industrialists took advantage of the Rs 20-lakh crore fiscal support package and the opening up of several strategic sectors. According to the Indian Media, Asking the…

Trump threatens to call in troops to end unrest

Washington, June 3: President Donald Trump has threatened to deploy the military if the states fail to take necessary action to "dominate the streets" and "quell" the violent protests that have spread across the country over the custodial killing of African-American George Floyd. During a hurriedly-convened address to the nation…

Former Defense Secretary Mattis denounces Trump and military response to crisis

Washington, June 4: After long refusing to explicitly criticize a sitting president, former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis accused President Donald Trump on Wednesday of trying to divide America and roundly denounced a militarization of the US response to civil unrest. The remarks by Mattis, an influential retired Marine general who…

Floyd’s killing: New charges against 4 Minneapolis policemen as protests continue

Minneapolis, June 4: Prosecutors on Wednesday leveled new criminal charges against four Minneapolis policemen implicated in the death of a black man pinned by his neck to the street during an arrest that sparked more than a week of nationwide protest and civil strife. The added murder charge filed against…

Video

Find Us on Facebook

From Social